Friday, July 27, 2007

Drama, Drama, Drama

It has been a crazy couple of weeks…

For those of you who have not heard, Toby’s Instructor Pilot (IP) and stick buddy were involved in a single helicopter crash last Monday as Toby watched from the airfield. They were both airlifted to local hospitals. His stick buddy was released with minor injuries but his IP sustained a punctured lung, ruptured spleen and had to have his left arm amputated as a result of the injuries he sustained. He is in high spirits, recovering well, and should be released sometime next week. The crash is under investigation and Toby has been a part of the investigation since he witnessed the crash. He was back up flying the next day and is doing well. He has his final checkride on Tuesday and then starts the Instruments portion of flight school. His stick buddy was back up flying yesterday and is trying to catch up so that he does not have to be pushed back to another class.

And the saga continues…

My Mom is in the hospital in the intensive care unit on life support. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday in respiratory distress and put on oxygen but continued to deteriorate. She was moved to the ICU and put on life support late Wednesday. They have diagnosed her with pneumonia and ARDS-Accute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Given her history and comprimised immune system, they are concerned about additional organ failure but are hopeful that she will recover. Please keep her in your prayers!!

The rest of the story…

I am scheduled to have a procedure to treat my hyperhidrosis on August 14th. Most of you will probably recall that I have been trying to get this procedure done for about 5 years now but every time I have started the process, I have become pregnant. Since that is not likely at this point, we are forging ahead. Maybe I can, for the first time in my life, wear whatever kind of shirt I want without anxiety. Yippee- an excuse to go shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool. Now I can peek in on your life whenever I want. HAHAHAHAHAHA! But most of this stuff I know already and hopefully we'll keep talking regularly so it'll stay that way. Congrats on your appt. on the 14th. Let me know if you need me to do anything to help you out. And I hope it all works out. Talk to you later!

Suzanne Familo said...

Just letting you know your mom is in our prayers! It is tough being so young and dealing with stuff like that.

Love the blog!!!
Suzy