Saturday, January 12, 2008

100 Things You Wanted to Know About Me but Were Afraid to Ask

As promised, here's my list of 100 things you always wanted to know about me but were afraid to ask. I am certainly not the most exciting person in the world but I have a few quirks-Enjoy!

1. I love the sound of peep toads. They helped me fall asleep when I was a little girl.
2. I love the feel of wind in my face. I love wind in general.
3. I love the sound of wind chimes but prefer the deeper tones to the higher ones.
4. I hate being hot. Mostly because I sweat easily.
5. I get bitchy when I am hot or hungry so it is best to keep me cool and full! :)
6. I grew up in Oswego, NY.
7. I married my high school sweetheart at age 19.
8. We’ve been married for 11 years!
9. I have only traveled outside of the US twice- to Canada and South America.
10. I want to travel more someday…Especially to Ireland.
11. Green is my favorite color! Blue comes in a close second.
12. I am an idealist. My husband is a realist. We balance eachother.
13. I love thunderstorms and have to stand by a window or door to watch them.
14. I remember driving to the lake with my dad once during a really bad hthunderstorm just to watch it.
15. I have huge feet…And really long toes.
16. Ok, so I have big hands too…You know wat they say about a girl with big hands, don't you? I don't either!
17. I have 8 tattoos. I don’t regret any of them. I may even get more.
18. I had a belly button ring before I had Austin. And again before I had Ashlyn. But no more!
19. I went skydiving when I was pregnant with Austin (but didn’t know it).
20. Austin was born 2 weeks late.
21. I went boating when I was 9 months pregnant with Ashlyn (I knew it this time).
22. I was hoping the lake would be a bit rough and bring on contractions because I did not want to go 2 weeks over again!
23. I only went a week over!
24. Being pregnant was hard for me-I threw up A LOT! And Toby was deployed for the first 5 months of both pregnancies!
25. I hate being nauseous…And dizzy!
26. I am afraid of the dark…And spiders…But not snakes-snakes don’t bother me.
27. One of my favorite vacations was to the Outer Banks with my sister…The other was to Bogotá, Colombia to visit my husband.
28. I love hand-made pottery.
29. I took pottery classes and even made a few pieces that I wasn’t embarrassed to display in my home.
30. I graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA.
31. Yes, I am an overachiever.
32. Warm chocolate chip cookies are one of my weaknesses…
33. French fries are the other.
34. I get very sad when my fast food french fries are gone. And even sadder when there are not any hiding in the bottom of the bag!
35. I am not a morning person.
36. I have come to need my cup of cream with a splash of coffee in the morning.
37. I wish I could sing or play music. Well, I guess I can but you wouldn’t want to be around me when I was doing it.
38. I played the violin when I was little and was terrible at it. Just ask my Gram.
39. I love inspirational quotes and books about leadership.
40. I could spend all day in a book store.
41. I crave salt and chocolate when I am PMSing. Corn chips and M&Ms together is one of my favorites PMS snacks.
42. I love happy endings.
43. I cry at sad movies…And when reading sad books.
44. The Notebook made me cry a river!
45. I don’t see things in black and white-I see a lot of gray.
46. I subscribe to Reader’s Digest, Fitness, Log Home Living, and Parents magazine. I’m a well rounded person. :)
47. I love the mountains. I want to build a log home some day-in the mountains of NC or NY.
48. I am a Cancer- moody, emotional, sensitive…
49. Pedicures are one of my guilty pleasures. Bubble bath’s are another, especially in a jet tub!
50. I love broccoli.
51. I hate the dark circles under my eyes- and always have! I have tried every cream and concealer under the sun-but nothing seems to work.
52. I had botox injections to treat hyperhidrosis-excessive underarm sweating (nice-huh?). It runs in my family.
53. I eat entirely too much ketchup (catsup) on my hotdogs but only 3 dots of mustard and have passed this crazy habit on to my son.
54. I am also a condiment junkie and have passed this onto my son.
55. I detest bugs. This loathing has increased since moving to AL but has always existed.
56. I have lived in Oswego, NY; Fayetteville, NC; Linden, NC; Manhattan, KS; and Fort Rucker, AL.
57. I dislike drinking from a glass without a straw, unless it’s a wine glass of course. I do not drink my wine with a straw! :)
58. I have to have a glass of water next to my bed at night.
59. I could eat peanut butter toast every day.
60. I get car sick. Reading, being hot or smelling exhaust makes it worse.
61. I wear flip flops all year long.
62. I like to watch HGTV and the Food Network.
63. I don’t like scary movies. I watched Nightmare on Elm Street when I was too young and it still haunts me.
64. Phones with cords annoy me; I much prefer cordless phones b/c I like to walk around when I am on the phone and walking around in a tight circle makes me dizzy, which I think I mentioned I hate.
65. Putting dirty dishes in the diswasher grosses me out, especially when people don’t rinse the dishes before leaving them in the sink.
66. I put way too many clothes in the washing machine. I have for years and my husband reminds me of this fact whenever he does laundry-which is rarely so I still overload it!
67. Having children has helped me appreciate the simple things in life that I missed as a child.
68. When I am a grandparent I hope to be half of what my Gram is.
69. I love trees and leaves! This stems from my childhood. I spent a lot of time in a giant Oak tree I called Oscar. I felt safe there!
70. My brother and I were born at exactly the same time of day, 11:21.
71. The end of my nose wiggles when I talk. Please don’t stare the next time we talk! :)
72. I sleep with 4 pillows- 2 under my head, 1 under my legs and 1 under my arm. If my husband falls asleep with one of my pillows, I yank it out from under him while he is sleeping!
73. I am addicted to Orbit gum and chapstick.
74. I can’t fall asleep if my feet are cold or my lips are chapped.
75. I can’t whistle or burp! I wonder if I would explode if I swallowed Alka Seltzer whole- you know, like a seagull!
76. I cannot drink beer without feeling like I’m going to explode (see above).
77. I prefer to be barefoot.
78. I love pajamas but can’t stand nightgowns. I also love to put my kids in pajamas.
79. I think donkeys are cute.
80. I don’t like sushi.
81. I love my dog but hate his hair- he sheds sooooo much!
82. I get really angry when computers don’t do what I want them too. I have been known to abuse a mouse or two-computer mouse that is.
83. I am an impulsive person.
84. I don’t like Pina Colada’s.
85. Or getting caught in the rain.
86. But love Margaritas (frozen or on the rocks with salt).
87. And walks on the beach (I couldn’t resist).
88. I brush my teeth in the shower. I know this is weird but I am a very messy tooth brusher and look like a dog foaming at the mouth. I am amazed by those who can brush their teeth while walking around the house.
89. I love a good fitting pair of jeans but have a hard time finding them.
90. Once after sneaking out of school with my boyfriend (now husband) and his friend, I called the school to get my best friend out and we all went to pick her up in my Mom’s minivan. I wore my mom’s winter hat and the guys were hiding in the back as we pulled up to the school. It was like our own version of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
91. I love food! It is very difficult for me to resist eating something if I want it, especially if someone is eating something that I want or I think looks good. As one might imagine, this makes dieting very challenging for me.
92. My first vehicle was a Dodge D-50. It was a stick shift and I didn’t know how to drive it when I bought it but Toby taught me how. The floorboards were so rusted I could have driven it like a Flinstone mobile.
93. I am a complete klutz. I cannot go into a store without knocking something off of a rack or shelf.
94. I have never been to Disney World.
95. I can’t read music.
96. I like paper towels and toilet paper to roll off the top.
97. I am either a shy extrovert or an outgoing introvert.
98. I hate wearing pantyhose and have even pulled them off in my office after a meeting.
99. Halloween is my favorite holiday and fall is my favorite season but I don't like Candy Corn.
100. I suffer from middle child syndrome.

If you made it to the end of the list- either you were really interested in getting to know me better or you lead a very boring life! Just Kidding! Thanks for hanging in there until the end.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful; you sound like such a well rounded, interesting HUMAN!
I am sooo pleased and honored to know you. I actually knew about 85 of those infobits!!! LOvE YOU!

THE WADE FAMILY said...

omg. i am cracking up. i loved the list but feel like a complete goon b/c a while back we talked about oswego. i thought you were talking about the one in ILLINOIS!!!!! get out! i had no idea we were talking about different states...ha ha. go figure. bww

THE WADE FAMILY said...

ps - what's your address? abby's turning one and we'd love to have you guys come party with us. it's on sat., feb 2nd at the church we go to (the fellowship hall). it's about balls, balloons and bubbles. we'll have things for kids to play with and a guy doing balloon animals. i'd love for you and your kids to come. email me your address and i'll send out an invite: littlewallet@hotmail.com

barbara & abby

Amy said...

So maybe I am interested in you and I lead a boring life! Hm, did you ever think of that ?!? J/k! Great post. It was fun to read (but I bet it took you forever to write it!!)

Sarah said...

OMG! Woman, you are insane.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

OH YAAA, you're just like I expected and wanted you to be!!!!! Love ya lots, Mom

Gengirl said...

100 times you have made an old friend smile.......

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

That is crazy! I was just going to ask you how you felt about peep toads.

Fine, I'm kidding. But really, what are peep toads?

Irene said...

I may have no life, but I really like reading the "100 things" posts! I like learning about other people.

I did have to laugh - I also HAVE to have water next to my bed. Even if I never touch it, it HAS to be there. I can't sleep without it. And if I wake and drink it all, I have to refill it or I will not be able to go back to sleep. My husband thinks I am nuts. My kids are following my habit too.

Oh, and I have to have 2 pillows. But I have very specific pillows that I want. If my husband has one of mine, I will also take it while he is sleeping. Yeah, he doesn't like that very much....