Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Starting to Look a Lot Like Christmas

We finally started decorating for Christmas. We've been a little slow about it since it has been in the 80's lately. There is something just not right about picking out a Christmas tree in swim trunks and sunglasses but we did (ok, so I wasn't wearing swim trunks but Sprout was!) And boy, there were slim pickins seein as how we are in Sweet Home Alabama and we waited until mid-December (see, I'm startin to pick up the vernacular). Our poor tree requires two books under one side of the stand and could still use a really stiff v-8 to get it to look somewhat straight! Sprout was still soo excited about decorating and couldn't bear to wait for the branches to drop. So, we let him put up the first ornament- to hold him over.

And I put up my favorite Christmas decoration...


It is an old window pane with snow men (one snow man and one snow woman, I suppose, in our case) painted on it. They are holding hands, or twigs, and gazing up to the sky watching the snow fall. I hang my icicle lights behind it and it twinkles in the night. I just love it.

And speaking of snow...we had our first snow...


I think this is the only "snow" our back yard will ever see here in Alabama. Gross, I know, but what do you expect from a husky/shepard mix when it is 80 degrees in December. He certainly doesn't need his winter coat around here!

Stay tuned for pics of our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!

4 comments:

The Smith Boys said...

You're lucky they weren't "slap out" of trees!

Sarah said...

Cute :-)

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Hmmmm....are you sure your "snow" wasn't just some COTTON! ha! miss you! love, barbara

THE WADE FAMILY said...

OMG - never mind. I'm a dork. Let's chalk it up to the fact I'm blogging this early! I just got the thing about the "snow" being from the dog! Ha ha! Don't feel led to post my earlier comment - or this one, ha! Love, B