Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

I am happy to announce that my job search since moving back to NC has come to an end. I was offered and have accepted an Executive Director position with the North Carolina Alliance for Health, an independent, statewide coalition of individuals, businesses, and organizations working together to advocate for health improvement policies before North Carolina's legislative and executive branches. Their mission is to improve the health of North Carolinians by advocating policies that promote wellness and reduce the impact of tobacco use and obesity. I am really excited about this opportunity and feel especially fortunate to have found such an opportunity at a time when so many are losing their jobs in this rapidly deteriorating economy!

I also feel fortunate that I was able to stay at home with Sprite these past two and half years. It was a challenge transitioning from career woman to stay-at-home mommy after spending 7 years with an organization that I loved and I expect that transitioning back to career woman from stay-at-home mommy will be equally, if not more, challenging but I am ready to go back to work and Sprite is thriving in preschool! Plus, this particular opportunity allows me to work from home most days. I will have a lot of meeting in the RTP area and will spend some time at the legislative building when the General Assembly is in session but the bulk of the work can be done at home which allows for more flexibility as I strive for that work-home balance. This will be especially beneficial when the Hubs is deployed.

My official start date is December 10th but I have already started digging in and look forward to joining the Alliance in their quest to make North Carolina a healthier place to live and work.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats! Sounds like a great fit for you. I'm sure the transition will go smoothly.

Gengirl said...

Sounds like a fantastic new job!! Congrats!!