Sunday, December 21, 2008

Curtain Rod or Wall Art?

You know how the kids are always bringing home artwork from school? And you know how you never know what to do with it so it always ends covering your fridge to the point that you can't even tell that there is a refrigerator underneath all of those rainbows and turkeys? Well, do I have a solution for you! My Hubs is not a big fan of paper decorated refrigerators and I was trying to find something to do with all of the Christmas artwork that has been coming home since October. Here is what I came up with...


Here is a closeup...

It is an extra curtain rod that I had hanging around (no pun intended). I added the circle clips and voila-a decorative holder for artwork that relieves the refrigerator of its paper-holding duties and allows to me to proudly display my children's artwork, the way it was meant to be displayed! It now has a wall all to itself and I can even rotate the artwork to coordinate with the seasons and/or holidays.

What do you think??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are WONDERFUL. What a great idea. Wish I had thought of this when mine was growing up. Congrats on a wonderful idea.

Sarah said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
That is a great idea! Must make your little ones feel like real artists to have their work so wonderfully displayed!
: )Joanna

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome idea. You are so clever like that. Erica

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to be 'borrowing' your idea!! I sure am glad I have terrifically creative friends!

Amy said...

I love your idea!!

Katie said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Can I steal your idea? I love it!!!
Love ya
Shannon

Amy said...

Ok working girl (not of the night, of course!) I know you are busy and I know you are spending time with family, but some of us are ready for some holiday pics of your little darlings!!