Saturday, December 20, 2008

Quite Possibly the Cutest Thing I Have Ever Seen

Sprout went back to school on Wednesday after having his tonsils and adenoids removed. He was very apprehensive about going back to school and was very dramatic (not really a surprise if you know Sprout). He pulled out all of the stops...

"I'm not ready to go back to school."
"I can't be away from you for that long."
"But I'm going to missssssss you."

All through giant alligator tears and sobs, of course. What can I say, the kid knows how to pull at my heart strings!

No, I didn't let him stay home; we made it to school but were a weee bit late. When we got to the classroom the kids were all gathered in the corner on the rug for story time. When we walked in, they all gasped and shouted "SPROUT-YOU'RE BACK!!!"

It was quite a sight, Sprout turned all shades of red and a giant smile crossed his face. You would have thought that Santa Claus had just entered the room the way these kids reacted. It was so touching, I even teared up a little. I thought that this very well may be the cutest thing I had ever seen. Until I saw this later that evening...

"I hope they put you asleep when you get your tasls cut out. I hope it does not hret a lot. Love your friend Madeline. Eat lots of ice crime!!!"

All of the kids had made Sprout a card and it was so stinkin cute reading all of them. This one though, without a doubt, was my favorite!

2 comments:

The Smith Boys said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad he finally got back to school - maybe just in time for the Christmas party! I hope Sprite feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I TOLD you he would be a lady killer. I am so glad that he is doing well and back in school.