Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall is in the Air

Fall is in the air and I couldn’t be happier. I LOVE this time of year and everything that comes along with it- the cool crisp air, the warm colors of the leaves as they change from yellow to orange to red, watching the leaves dance through the air as they fall from their trees, the sound of the leaves crunching beneath my feet, jumping in the giant piles after an afternoon of raking, warm apple cider, pumpkin patches, hayrides, and of course, Halloween.

It reminds me of a poem I wrote a few years ago on a cool fall day called Whispers of the Wind:
When I am alone and one with nature,
When I can hear the whispers of the winds speaking to my soul,
When each leaf that falls tells a story that I can only hear if I am quiet enough to listen,
When I am still enough to hear the whispers of truth emanating from my inner voice,
When I am comfortable enough in my own silence to let my soul speak,
When I feel guarded and protected by Mother Nature,
When I can stand in awe and appreciate the beauty and glory she has to offer,
When I know that my secrets are safe in the hands of God,
When I can feel the angels of mercy dancing around me,
When I have let my soul sing its song and scream its sorrows to the point of internal tranquility, then and only then does my spirit feel free.

2 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Random thoughts from my Mommy - ha! Lisa - Did you know there is a pumpkin patch in between enterprise and dothan? go to: http://www.aplinfarms.com/activities.html We went last year and it was kind of fun (small little petting "zoo", kids corn maze, pick your pumpkin after a tractor ride to the field, etc.). Also, there are two things coming up at our church your kiddos may like...on Halloween night (I think from like 6:30 to about 7??) is "Trunk-A-Treat" where the kids get to trick or treat to our car trunks full of candy! Then on Saturday 11/3 there is a fall festival (free or course). It's from 3 to 6 pm. There will be snacks (maybe dinner I'm thinking), bouncing things, painted faces, candy, etc. Anyhoo....for what it's worth, Halloween is my all time favorite "holiday" and I love from mid-Oct til New Years! What a fun time of year! See you later in "dance class" - ha! Barbara

Amy said...

I like your poem a lot, Lisa. I never knew you were so creative!