Wednesday, February 20, 2008

About Me

Just in case you haven't noticed, I changed my About Me section.

I’m a northern girl who’s been temporarily transplanted in the deep south, where sushi is still called bait. You’ll notice that my blog is titled after the movie ‘Sweet Home Alabama.’ It combines my love for the movie and the southern colloquialisms and the fact that Alabama is Home Sweet Home-for now! I poke fun at the south and the state of Alabama but it’s all in good fun so don't go gittin yer gussie up-it’s how I cope! I also poke fun at my hometown- it’s in the Guiness Book of World Records for having the most bars per square capita. And no, I did not have my baby in a bar! But it sure has been an interesting journey transitioning from career woman to stay at home Mommy to two strong-willed young’uns. Most days I don’t know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt! You’re welcome to come along on this crazy journey but just be sure to bring your earplugs and bug nets; my kids are loud and the bugs are fierce. Or is it my kids are fierce and the bugs are loud? ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine! I'm a TN girl, myself, but I lived in Colorado for a while. Talk about different! I couldn't even talk to someone without them asking where I was from and what that must be like!
Now that I'm back in TN, my accent has changed some, and people don't believe that I'm from around here.

We'll be moving to Alabama in the next year, so I'm sure it'll change all over again!

Amy said...

I guess we're two northern gals stuck here in the south. Wait till you see my Wordless Wednesday photo later when I get home from school. I was driving from the ghetto to the college today and as I passed a Bail Bonds place (or whatever the heck they are called) I saw this car with longhorn cattle HORNS on the front of it. Really. I am not kidding! So I went around the block and took a picture. Thank goodness I had my camera. It's going to be my WW for the day. This crazy south! What will we even blog about if we end up back in the north again?!?

Amy said...

Ok, I guess my southern car is going to have to wait until next week now that Chase won the spelling bee. That is a much better WW than a redneck car!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're so perfect for me!!! Will you marry me???!!! Again???!!! :)