Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Are The Champions...

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -We are the champions
No time for losers 'Cause we are the champions - of Cornhole.

And for those of you who don't know what cornhole is, get your head out of the sand and smell the corn!

"Cornhole is similar to horseshoes except you use wooden boxes called cornhole platforms and corn bags instead of horseshoes and metal stakes. Contestants take turns pitching their corn bags at the cornhole platform until a contestant reaches the score of 21 points. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Scoring can be swift and the lead may change hands several times in a match before the winner is decided. The game is generally played tournament style with an individual or team being named the champion at the end of the tournament." The Hubs and I played in a tournament last night and left victorious! We are now the defending cornhole champions!


I'll admit it, when I first heard of cornhole, I couldn't help but think of the Great Cornholio from Beavis and Butt-Head, but I have since come to embrace the game of cornhole. And you should too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

My brothers play cornhole all the time. And it's NEVER turned into a drinking game when they play it. ha! You should also try ladder golf. It's awesome.

Anonymous said...

TOO FUNNY ! ERICA

The Smith Boys said...

Haven't tried Cornhole...but I agree it reminds me of butthead. Funny that you should mention horseshoes. Apparently they are big up here...you know what they say about big horseshoes...nevermind, I couldn't resist. There are several country bars that have horseshoe courts (?) out back.