Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Baa-ack!

Greetings from the Tar Heel State.

"The origin of North Carolina's nickname is grounded, at least in part, in one of the state's major products during the Colonial Era -- tar. The tar was made by slowly burning the wood of longleaf pine trees. One legend attributes the name to the laborers who walked out of the woods with the sticky black substance on their shoes. Other stories go back to the Revolutionary War, when North Carolina soldiers continued marching after wading through a river coated with the viscous liquid." (Yahoo.com)

Yes, I am alive- but barely! I have just crawled out from under the 14, 620 boxes that needed to be unpacked.

And I must admit, I am downright devastated to have learned that the blogosphere did not come to a screaching halt during my absesnce! Geesh!


I will begin updating you all on the happening here in Sweet Home Carolina (oh that has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) soon, I promise. For now, I will tell you that so far, I am as happy as a bug in a rug to be back in NC and Sprout and Sprite are adjusting fabulously well. The Hubs and I have been enjoying some much needed quality time together since Sprout started school and Sprite started preschool so I am unavailable to take your call (or e-mail or visit or anything else for that matter) right now! Thank you for your understanding! ;)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Nice to have you back.

And I can attest to the "not available to take your call" thing!!! We have been playing phone tag for over a week!!!

Amy said...

PS How about "Carolina On My Mind" (like the James Taylor song) I am not sure what the actual name of the song is ... is it just Carolina? I don't know ... but Carolina On My Mind might be a good blog title.

The Smith Boys said...

I'm glad you're back! I miss you!

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

I think Mom suggested Carolina on My Mind too! Great minds think alike-huh?

Katie said...

Glad you made it and are getting settled. SH AL misses you even if you don't miss it :)