Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Tiger Cub

Sprout has joined Cub Scouts and is the cutest little Tiger Cub I have ever seen.
Wouldn't you agree?


He is part of the Occoneechee Council which represents 12 counties in North Carolina.

Right now we are working on earning the Bobcat Trail badge. In order to earn this badge he has to complete these eight tracks:
1. LEARN AND SAY THE CUB SCOUT PROMISE
2. SAY THE LAW OF THE PACK. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
3. TELL WHAT "WEBELOS" MEANS.
4. SHOW THE CUB SCOUT SIGN. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
5. SHOW THE CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
6. SAY THE CUB SCOUT MOTTO. The MOTTO is: "DO YOUR BEST. " (I like this Motto)
7. GIVE THE CUB SCOUT SALUTE. TELL WHAT IT MEANS.
8. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the parent's guide, "How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse".


He is well on his way to earning his Bobcat Trail badge and really enjoys particpating in cub scouts. I, on the other hand, have a lot to learn about being a cub scout Momma but luckily I have my sister-in-law Amy to call on whenever I have a question like "How do I fold this hankerchief thing?" or "Where does this little gold thing go?" or"Are these badge thingies iron on or do they expect me to sew because if they expect me to sew you can expect a uniform and a few badges on your door step in a few days-ok?-thanks!" The hankerchief thing is a neckerchief by the way and the gold thing is called a "slide". Luckily, Amy was able to explain how to fold it so the Tiger shows across his back and then slide the tails through the little gold thing. Yeah- and the badges are sew on but luckily for Amy I found a dry cleaner close by!


Go Tigers!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Phew! Because I still haven't sewn your tablecloth yet!!