Friday, August 22, 2008

So Long Sweet Home Alabama

Well the time has come for us to part ways my Sweet Home Alabama, as I drive North leaving you in the rear view mirror. It has certainly been an adventure, but I can't say that I am going to miss you-with your constant humidity, black mold infestations, raccoon-sized bugs... Time to torment another Yankee cause this one is leavin town!

On a more serious note- we are heading out tonight in an attempt to beat the wrath of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Fay, which is expected to wreak havoc on the area tonight. We should be in NC sometime tomorrow if everything goes according to plan, which it usually doesn't so don't be alarmed if I am away for a while. I will be back and that's a promise!

4 comments:

Gengirl said...

WELCOME BACK!! From your NC buddy...

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Lisa,
I tell this to everyone that's military or army or whatever - I do NOT like this moving every couple of years things. It flat out stinks. I don't know how you guys do it. Ugh. Anyhoo....my point of all of this was not to be a big downer! ;-) I wanted to tell you that we will totally miss you! I am so glad that I got to meet you. You were NOT a bad jazzer and I really missed seeing you in our classes - when I went that is, ha! But I liked hanging out with you! I hope you don't mind me checking back with you and your blog! We hope that you get "home" safely in NC...better (and closer) than Hawaii! We love you!!!!!!!!!

happyathome said...

Good luck. My family is pulling out due to the storm also, after reading your post, I feel I have to call them.

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Dang it, just when I found your blog you're leaving ! I'm a southern gal from Alabama transplanted in the windy city of Chicago ( b-r-r-r-! )
Either way it's not an easy adjustment.

I see from your profile statement that you've already learned a lot of sassy sayins.

Look forward to reading more of your posts. Good luck on your journey home.