Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Difference Between Moms and Dads

I started singing Sprite lullaby's at night when I put her to bed (poor thing, her ears may be damaged forever). But before I started doing this, I looked up the words to common lullaby's to make sure I had the words right.

The Hubs on the other hand just makes them up as he goes along.

This blogpost might be more appropriately called: the difference between type A personality (me) and type B personality (the Hubs)!

Anyway-Here is my version of what Sprite calls the "Daddy song." You may know it by a different name...

Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won't sing, Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring turns brass, Daddy's gonna buy you a looking glass ...

And here is Daddy's version...

Hush, little baby, don't say a word. Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird
And if that mockingbird won't sing, Daddy's gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring don't shine, Daddy's gonna buy you a porcupine...

I died laughing when I heard this and couldn't help but think that his way is much better!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so I want to know what happens to the porcupine!!