Friday, January 30, 2009

I Feel Like a Rockstar!

Yesterday was a big day for the organization that I work for. We have been working really hard to get a bill passed to prohibit smoking in worksites and public places and yesterday, this bill was introduced as House Bill #2-the first bill introduced after House rules on the General Assembly's opening day!

NC House Majority Leader Hugh Holliman, who we have been working closely with, scheduled a news conference Thursday to discuss H.B. 2: Prohibit Smoking in Public & Work Places Act as the primary sponsor of the bill. I was part of this news conference and it received a lot of media coverage. Check out the video below and you can see me standing behind the podium during the press conference for a brief moment. My kids saw this and think I am a rock star now! I didn't correct them and plan on taking advantage of this celebrity status, at least for a little while. It won't be long before this type of thing embarasses them! :)


http://www.wral.com/news/state/video/4424682/

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cool. Superstar!! I approve the bill, if that helps it move along faster. :-)