Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

We're Baaa-aack!!

It feels like it has been a year since I have sat down at the computer to blog and read some of my faves. I feel so behind and have so much catching up to do! Speaking of catching up to do... Do you remember that challenge I started in October to walk 100 miles before the end of the year- well shoot, I was hoping that you forgot because I failed miserably!!!! I came to a screaching halt around 52 miles. I barely made it half way! I know you don't want to hear all of my excuses, but, but, but... remember when I came down with a nasty case of the flu or some sort of mutated stomach virus that lasted a week? That really set me back and then my husband came down with it and then each of the kids came down with it and I spent a month cleaning up vomit and washing sheets and spraying lysol on every surface trying to rid this house of the viscous germs that had invaded our home and bodies. We never quite recovered from this. Someone has been sick in this house since the beginning of November.


After the nasty stomach virus, Sprite came down with a really high fever (105) that lasted 3-4 days and landed us in the emergency room-twice. Then Sprout came down with a cold and sinus infection that set off his asthma and put us back into the routine of inhalers and steroids...Ugh! I seriously think we need to have our house checked for asbestos or mold-we are living on base so anything is possible. Then I got really busy with my Tastefully Simple business. I had 2 parties, 3 fairs, and 2 open houses in December, which I am not complaining about... but, but, but. Ok, ok enough with the excuses. I failed! Period. The end!

Now on to other news. We survived our 22 hour drive to NY to visit family for the holidays but it was exhausting. 4 days on the road for 6 days of visiting was just too much. While it was nice to see everyone, it was tough toting the kids around from house to house, each time disrupting their routines a little more. Sprite refused to sleep in her pack and play and ended up sleeping with us most nights which meant that the Hubba Bubba and I did not get much sleep because sleeping with Sprite is liking being in a WWF ring. Sprout was soooo good though! I couldn't believe it was my kid! He was so polite and played so well by himself. He had a blast at Grammy and Grampy's house and didn't want to leave. Sprite on the other hand, was her typical strong-willed, stubborn, screacher creature who aptly fit her nick name of Crabby Miss Crabby Patty! I know the whole trip was tough on her and she started coming down with something (again) while we were there but it made for a really tiring trip. By the end, we were so desperate to get home, back to our routines, that we ended up leaving at 6 o'clock at night and drove straight through the night to get home. By the time we got home the next afternoon, we all looked like this:

But alas, we were home! Ahh, I have never been so happy to see military housing before!

Home sweet home-at least for now!

Ok, I am done whining. I just needed to get all of that out before I move on to 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Miss Ashlyn Grace had her grumpy times, but we all had alot of fun and she was just getting adjusted when it was time to head off to Al. She is a good little girly and we really did like the visit. It's snowing here today(Austin would love this). Bailey misses you, I wonder when I'll see you again, and Dad, well you know him well, he will deal with whatever happens at the time. A large nap will always help when things get too much!! Love Ya!!!!!

Amy said...

You are forgiven for not making 100 miles. You had a few (!!!!!!!!!!) things going on :)

Irene said...

Glad to hear you had a great holiday, but I can NOT imagine making that trek myself. Four days on the road? Yikes!

Don't worry about the 100 miles...you can always start new in 2008!