Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Tribute to Sarah Sue Hoo

My beautiful, bold and brilliant friend Sarah (she has a patent pending for crying out load) and her family are getting ready to move across the country to California-sniffle, sniffle. This is one of the hard parts of being in the military- having to say goodbye/see ya later to life long friends you've made along the way.
Our husband's met in Warrant Officer Candidate School and became instant friends- well, almost anyway. ;)


When Sarah and I first met I thought she seemed very cool, which to be completely honest has not happened all that often when meeting the wives of my husband's Army buddies. I've had a few interesting experiences to say the least and was a little shell shocked but Sarah and I quickly hit it off and realized that we had a lot of the same interests, primarily food and margaritas!!!!
Sarah is the only other person I know who gets as grumpy as I do when she's hungry! We were a match made in heaven and after a while it seemed as if we had been friends forever.
Our boys also became instant friends and at last we had found a friend that could keep up with our energizer bunny.

Of course, it takes a super hero to keep up with our son!

Sarah was pregnant when we met and that always opens up the door for conversations. Woman love to talk about their pregnancies and deliveries. I guess it's like guys and their war stories. These are our version of war stories and we have the battle scars to prove it!!! But we also have the brown-eyed beauties to show for it! Our girls have enjoyed sharing their first years together, even if Sprout didn't always play nice!

Sarah wrote this very sweet blog post, Saying “See you later” to my best friend… that made me sob into a box of Klennex. So I am leaving her with this poem today:

Forever Friends

you'r my friend and that is true,

but the gift was given from me to you.

we went thru moments that were good and bad,

even moments that were happy and sad.

you suported me when i was in tears,

we stuck together when we were in fear,

its really sad that it had to be this way,

but it has reached its very last day.

miles away cant keep us apart,

'cause you'll always be in my heart.

Like you said, this is only the beginning!
I can't wait to see you in Vegas- and remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

It's not hard for me to find a tissue when I'm in need. They're all around my house, my car, and I think I left one in that Oswego jacket. :-)

I will miss you dearly, words can't express how much.

Thank you for the post. I am now a perma-blog. :-)

Love ya!