Friday, March 14, 2008

Can I Have Some Cheese With My Whine?

A nice sharp cheddar or aged swiss would be nice.

I am so tired this morning. Literally tired but also so tired of being sick and tired of taking care of sick young'uns. I have not slept much the past three nights because Sprout has been up in the middle of the night either puking, pooping or crying. We finally got into the Doctor yesterday and he has strep (probably caught it from me) and a double ear infection so I know he is hurting and in pain. I feel so bad for the poor kid and wish I could take it all away- far far away. He has been home from school all week and understandably a bit whiney! The problem is, I am still recovering from my bout of strep and pneumonia and a little worn out. AND to make matters worse I have a major case of PMS so am a little irritable to say the least!

Last night I was a little grumpy and just needed a few minutes to unwind so I grabbed a book and curled up in the recliner. I was so tired I fell asleep while reading my book in a matter of minutes. I woke up at 11:30 and went to bed, or tried, at least. I am watching my friend's dog for the weekend and while he is a very sweet dog, he has a few quirks and likes to sleep in bed at night- at your head! The only problem with this is that he is a Pug. A Pug with some funky breath who snores alot, not to mention feels the need to lick himself quite often. (Sorry Melissa- you know I love your dog-it's just been a hard week!) My husband cannot stand the snoring and the licking and immediately started tossing, turning, grumping and covering his head with the blankets. Granted, the man needs his sleep, he is flying a multi-million dollar military aircraft, afterall, and as one might imagine, doing this on little sleep is not recommended! So, I tried to put Bugsy on the floor but he just whined. I tried to put him in the living room but he ran back and scratched at the door. Defeated, I grabbed a pillow and headed to the couch with the snoring, licking Pug with halitosis only to be woken up 2 more times for him to go outside. Then Austin was up before the ass crack of dawn complaining that his ear hurt-so the day began a little early today. Or maybe yesterday never ended. Either way, if you think of it, please send me a little patience, a lot of coffee and a nice piece of cheese to go with my whine. Because really, I don't think taking care of two priceless muchkins on little sleep is recommended either.

As for the dog- no worries, I put his licking to good use and am offering his cleaning services to you- free of charge (Click here). Hopefully he will be so tired by the end of the day today that he will fall asleep at the computer!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ok so maybe this all sounds like you are absolutely exhausted and you need Calgon to take you away, but all I can think is ... very clever posting Lisa!!!
If I lived closer ... say about 900 miles closer, which would put me within 100 miles of you ... I'd come pick up some sick kids and give you a well-deserved break!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed so hard in ...
WHAT did you put on that door/window? Thanks for smiles but wish I could give them back to y'all.

The Smith Boys said...

I love you!!! I am SOOO sorry about the dog! I hope Jaz and Katie are faring better!!! I wish I could have brought you on my self-indulgent mini vacation! You guys NEED to get away! Ed will be by today to pick up the licking machine.
Thank you Lisa! I'll see you soon!
Mel