Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where's The Beef?

Cuz it aint here in Sweet Home Alabamer!

I went to Burger King drive-thru recently and ordered a cheesburger but they were out of hamburgers! How do you run out of hamburgers when you are the self-proclaimed King of Burgers? Ok, I didn't need it anyway.

Then just the other day we went to Taco Bell drive thru and ordered a few tacos for the Hubs and a kids meal for Sprout. Nothing for me, thank you very much. It's not that I don't like Taco Bell, I do, but I have been working really hard at trying to lose a few pounds lately. This was no easy task by the way as I LOVE food and enjoy eating, not to mention have very little will power when it comes to food. But I managed to stay strong and restrained from ordering the nachos drowning in ooey, gooey cheesey goodness! We pulled up to the window and waited forever and a day; this is in additition to the eternity we had already waited behind the car in front of us. We sat there, and sat there, and sat there with not so much as a glance from the employees so I did what anyone with a hungry husband and kids would do- I beeped my horn until someone responded! The someone who finally walked over to the window simply said,
"We're out of beef!"

Gotta love customer service!


So, it seems that there is a shortage of beef here in AL.

So we rolled the dice and headed over to McDonalds in search of something that resembles beef. Lucky for us, I mean, hubs and the kids, they had the beef -or some concotion of beef like substance! This, of course was torture for me. Not only did I have to bear going through one fast food drive-thru without ordering a thing but I had to endure two drive-thrus AND then smell the greasy yumminess all the way home. This was particularly hard for me as the smell of french fries was almost intoxicating. I think I may have mentioned a time or two (see 33& 34) that I LOVE french fries! They are one of my weaknesses and there is no better french fry than a hot and salty McDonald's golden grease stick to this french fry afficianado!


For some reason my turkey chili just didn't do it for me that night!


Maybe it's because it didn't have the beef...


Or the sour cream...


Or the cheese...


Or the corn muffin slathered in butter to go with it. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://video.hsus.org/index.jsp?fr_story=4399fe4fa6f7cd4aee9fd541697003d4f4a3a7c5&rf=rss.
Check out this. This is the reason for a lack of beef. They have recalled a lot throughout the U.S.A.
I'm turning vegetarian!!!

Amy said...

What's with the beef shortage?!? That's crazy.

You have crazy strong willpower!

The Smith Boys said...

The force is strong with you.