Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Conversations with a 5 Year Old

About wearing clothes...

"Mom, why do we have to wear clothes?"

Completely caught off guard response...

"Um, because you can't just walk around the world naked" (unless of course, your part of the world happens to be a nudist colony).

"Why?"

Slighty recovered response...

"Uh, because we need to keep parts of our bodies covered when we are in public."

"But I don't like clothes and I didn't wear any undwear to school today (pause) can I watch Max and Ruby?"

"What?" (God help me, I'm raising a nudist)
Insert Max and Ruby
**********************************************************************************
About hat day at school (remember this picture-scroll down to second picture)...

"Did everyone like your hat?"

"Yeah, I told everyone that my Dad was a cowboy and stitched it for me!"

(chuckle) "Did you tell them you were kidding?"

"No!"
**********************************************************************************
About Blogging...

"Are you going to put that on your log?"

And how I know when I have spent too much time on the computer...

"You are always logging!"

5 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL! That's not nearly as bad as the thing Dorian asked me about yesterday. I can't even right it, that's how bad it is.

Sprite looks so cute in the tub. Sometimes I wish they can just spend all day in the tub. Seems like they are most happy in there.

Gengirl said...

I love how you are preparing me for the things my darling Punky will inevitably come up with! I very much needed this chuckle today...

Busymama Karen said...

I enjoyed this post!

Amy said...

Tell Austin that Aunt Amy says that although it is fun to go commando once in a while, it is absolutely necessary to wear underwear when he attends public school!

;)

And no, we are not logging too much!

That Chick Over There said...

I would totally walk around without clothes, if it were legal.

And I wasn't a big fatass.