Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess


Yesterday was Theodore Geisel's (better known as Dr. Suess) Birthday. Sprout has a fun-filled week ahead of him and actually wants to go to school this week. We were all feeling a little under the weather this weekend and Sprout even had a little Asthma trouble on Sunday so I thought for sure he would be staying home Monday. After all, this is what he looked like Sunday night:


But Monday morning when he woke up and I told him he might be staying home he actually begged, let me just repeat that, BEGGED to go to school. It was "Green Eggs and Ham" Day. They were having Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast and he was supposed to show off his Dr. Suess craft project that he made. He colored a fox, put socks on him and put him in a box filled with socks and a Knox! It was so refreshing to see him actually excited about going to school for a change.

Today is "Hats Off to Reading Day." They are going to be reading "the Cat and the Hat" and got to wear their favorite hat to school.

This is what Sprout chose. He sure does make a handsome Cowboy, doesn't he?

Tommorrow is "Wacky Wednesday" and they get to wear something wacky. Sprout had lots of ideas, many that cracked him up, but ultimately decided he wants to wear two different shoes. I love that he came up with up with the ideas by himself and decided which one he liked the best.

Thursday is "Fox in Sox" Day and they get to wear their favorite socks to school. Sprout has already decided that he wants to wear his tie-dyed socks that he made with his Aunt Dayna last summer. I will try to get a picture of this!

Friday is Dr. Suess Centers and Celebration!! I'm hoping to go in and help but I have to get my voice back first. I was supposed to go in and read a book to the class but I lost my voice with this most recent nastiness that has invaded our house once again! Anyway, I just love Dr. Suess books and can probably recite, "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?", "There's a Wocket in My Pocket", and "Dr. Suess's ABC"-three of my favorites that I have read time and time again to Sprout and Sprite. So, thanks Dr. Suess for making school fun for my son this week!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How sweet! Ahh begging, in the educational form.

That "BBC" on those photo's are there because they are my supplier's photos. I guess she does that to prevent people from stealing them but they could just crop it out if they really wanted to. Of course, I am allowed to use them.

:-)

Hope you feel better. Giving you BIG hugs from 15 miles away.

THE WADE FAMILY said...

OMG - what cool ideas from his school! Abby had a party at her school on Monday but I'm going to use the rest of the fun days you guys have planned for her this week! Too cute!

Hope you're having a great Spring - wait, is it even Spring yet? Hmmm, I don't think so. Oh well, you know what I meant!

Toodles, Barbara W

Kathy said...

My girls loved the ABC book and I used to know that one inside and out! Sounds like a fun week.