Friday, March 28, 2008

Filch It Friday: Favorite Movie Quotes

I'm participating in a filching carnival hosted by one of my favorite Bloggers, Simply Nutmeg, and today is Filch It Friday. "Filch It Friday gives us all permission to beg, borrow, and steal anybody's post ideas, it gives us a way to recognize and give credit to our blog friends, and it holds the possibility of turning any post into a meme."


Want to join in the fun?
Here's how it works:
Write an original copy-cat version of the filched post. Don't just copy and paste their post!
Give credit to and link to the original author in your post.
Mention and link to Filch It Friday in your post.
Post on Friday and sign the Mr. Linky at http://www.simplynutmeg.com/!
Every week visit the blogs that have filched and consider filching from them on the following Friday. Thus, we'll be creating memes within a carnival!

Since this was Simply Nutmeg's idea and she has so many fabulous posts worthy of filching, I decided to start off by filching one of her posts- Guess My Favorite Movie Quotes.

Here goes, here are some of my favorite movie quotes. See how many you can get. Post your answers as a comment.

1. "You dumb stubborn redneck hick." Sweet Home Alabama . I thought this one was a gimmy but only Hanlie got this one.

2. "Well, I ain't exactly lactating right now, pal." Ice Age.

3. "How do you like them apples?" Good Will Hunting. Ruth, Robin, Kimberly and Clayjack got this one.

4. "AS... YOU... WISH" Princess Bride. Meg and Hanlie rocked this one.

5. "Take me to bed or lose me forever." Top Gun. Ruth, Kimberly, and Clayjack were on top of this one.

6. "Well, color me happy! There's a sofa in here for two!" Pretty Woman. Sarah got this one and even knows the song.

7. "Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself." Good Will Hunting again.

8. "...he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt." Steel Magnolias.

9. "... To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. " Meet Joe Black.

10. "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome." Hope Floats.

11. "You're a neo maxi zoom dweebie, what would you be doing if you weren't out making yourself a better citizen?" Breakfast Club. Go Clayjack!


********************************************************************************

And just to give credit where credit is due. I once filched a post from another one of my favorite blogs, Play Groups Are No Place For Children, before I knew what filching was. I gave her credit for the idea but just thought I'd give a little shout out here since it is one of my favorite posts- Caption Contest.

8 comments:

nutmeg said...

As you wish... Princess Bride! We love that movie. I actually know every word.

Hanlie said...

Hi, I also filched this one! It's quite hard... Some of them are familiar, but I can't place them, except for #4, which is from The Princess Bride.

Hanlie said...

Oh, and is #1 from Sweet Home Alabama by any chance?

RuthWells said...

#3 is Good Will Hunting -- love that scene! #5 is Meg Ryan pre-scary-plastic surgery in Top Gun.

Anonymous said...

#3 is from good will hunting. right? i'm so bad at this, i couldn't even filch this one, because i cant even come up with any movie quotes that i know!

Anonymous said...

# 3 is Good Will Hunting
# 5 is Top Gun,
and I am thinking that maybe #6 is Pretty Woman??
Not sure about that one.

Anonymous said...

Found you through Filching!

I got the Good Will Hunting and top Gun, too. I also got #11: Breakfast Club. A buddy and I used to be able to recite the entire script from that movie by heart.

Sarah said...

I only know #6. Pretty Woman...walking down the street. Pretty woman, kind I'd like to meet...