Friday, May 23, 2008

Filch It Friday- My Bucket List


Today I’m filching from Nutmeg who filched from Clayjack who filched from Mighty Girl and from CEO Mum who filched from Nutmeg's friend Karen ...


All of these people came up with inspiring lists of things they’d like to accomplish before kicking the bucket, which led me to begin my own list of things I'd like to do before kicking the bucket.

This is certainly not a comprehensive list but it's a good start.


1. Swim with Dolphins. I have always loved Dolphins. I think they are magnificent creatures and I just seem to feel at peace whenever I am near them.

2. Drink a pint in an Irish Pub- in Ireland- not some americanized version of an Irish pub!!! I have always wanted to travel to Ireland. Something about the majestic, rugged beauty and lush green hills draws me in.

3. See the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. They are wonders for a reason and I would just like to see the mysterious beauty that Mother nature has to offer before I die. Heck, while I'm at it why not add the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World and the New 7 Wonders of the World to my list.

4. Renew my vows with the Hubs in a small, intimate ceremony.

5. Have an "unforgettable" romantic honeymoon after #4.

6. Learn to play the piano.

7. Build a log cabin in the mountains.

8. Open The Giving Tree. This is my retirement dream- to open a store in a mountain town that includes a nonprofit community grant component.

9. Travel the US in an RV. I would ideally like to visit every state and see the eclectic beauty and national landmarks that our country has to offer.

10. See my children grow to be truly happy and fulfilled.

11. Learn to Ballroom dance so I can dance with my Hubs at #4.

12. Surprise my husband with something truly amazing an unexpected. He is almost impossible to surprise. In our 12 years of marriage, I have only successfully surprised him once. It was awesome and I want to do it again but even bigger and better.


Things I can cross off of my bucket list:

1. Skydive. (I did this when I was pregnant with Sprout but didn't know it yet!!!)

2. Hot air balloon ride at sunset (this was the only successful surprise referenced in #12).

3. Travel to a foreign country. ( I traveled to Colombia South America to visit the Hubs when he was deployed.)

4. Kayak down a river. (It was only the Cape Fear River but it was a river with a few rapids nonetheless. I'd like to do this again though on a larger river!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I get the kiddoes when you go on your honeymoon.