Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bushels of Berries

We went strawberry picking yesterday at a local farm (Country Best Farm) with some friends and a great time was had by all.


The kids picked lots and lots of big, red, juicy strawberries and even tasted a few along the way (it's ok, they're pesticide free!). By the time they were all done we had nearly 15 pounds of fresh strawberries!!!!!


Looks like we will be having lots of strawberry shortcake, strawberry smoothies, strawberry milkshakes, spinach and strawberry salad, strawberry pancakes, strawberry jam... in the coming days! I did freeze a bunch to use in my smoothies but if you have any great recipes that include strawberries- send them my way!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, they look so yummy! I'd just eat strawberry shortcake every day until they were gone! Or strawberry margaritas :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! My mouth was watering just looking at them. Don't forget your strawberry Margaritas.

sarahbobeara said...

oh those look so delicious. yum! makes me want to go strawberry hunting around here! i'm used to just buying berries at walmart but they jacked the price up to $4/lb. wtf?!?

just out of curiosity, what's the rate on PYO strawberries? ;)

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Ouch- $4/lb. I think we paid $1.79/lb. Definately worth it!

Lisa Lou Hoo said...

Oh and Amy and Mom Too- I notice that great minds think alike and I did indeed have a strawberry margarita Saturday night!