Tuesday, August 7, 2007

All I Really Need to Know...


Share everything. Play fair. Don't hit people. Put things back where you found them. Clean up your own mess. Don't take things that aren't yours. Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody. Wash your hands before you eat. Flush. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. Take a nap every afternoon. When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together. ___________________________________________________________

Today was Austin's first day of Kindergarten. Yesterday we went to Open House and met his teacher, Ms. Tessier. Afterwords, we got ice cream to celebrate his last day of summer vacation-I think we are going to make that a tradition! When he got home today, I asked him how Kindergarten was and he said, "two thumbs up." I guess that is good!

OMG- While I was writing this, Austin's friend rang the doorbell to see if he wanted to play. He opened the door and said, " I can't play right now because I just got home from Kindergarten and I want to relax for a little while, so maybe later, ok?" Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, I need some time to relax ok, because Kindergarten is a long day of learning!" He cracks me up! He can sound so grown up sometimes. Where did my little boy go? He is growing up so fast (fan the eyes, fan the eyes). Just last week he gave his blankie to his sister because he is 5 now and doesn't need a baby blanket anymore. I couldn't believe it! This is the same blanket that went on every road trip, that brought giant aligator tears if it had to be washed, that he rubbed every night to fall asleep. How much can a mother take in one week? Oh- the agony!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Phew! You've been through A LOT this week! What a big week for your (not so) little guy!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. I love all the picture and comments. Alabama has some interesting history.

Shannon said...

This is really cool. I love all the pictures and comments. Alabama has some interesting history.
Love Ya

Anonymous said...

My dearest Austin Rain, you look so "sweet" (as the boys all say) going off to school. Keep your cool. The girls are all thinking your'e a pretty good looking guy, just like your Dad. Be nice to your teacher. You'll be suprised at how smart she is. And have fun making new friends. They all will be your buddies for a long time. LOve Ya Lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!