Sunday, August 26, 2007

Embarassing Truths

Disclaimer: If you are one of those woman who has flawless skin, wake up in the morning with minty fresh breath and roll out of bed looking like you could be on the cover of Cosmo- stop reading this post now or you may be cursed with wirey chin hairs and dimply skin. :)


Ok, so we all have our "issues," right? The embarrassing truths of womanhood, as I like to call them. Some woman struggle with cellulite, others from stretch marks; some woman struggle with chin hairs, others with premature grays. I happen to suffer from all of these and more!! Just kidding :) Ok, seriously though, I suffer from excessive underarm sweating or hyperhidrosis (pleasant, right?) and have for as long as I can remember!!! It is incredibly embarrassing but thankfully, there are new treatment options for people suffering from this humiliating condition. One of these is Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections. Botox® prevents sweating by blocking the release of the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, from the nerve endings, that causes the glands to produce sweat. I went last week and got about 25 injections in each armpit. It was pretty painless (I guess 7 tattoos is good preparation for Botox® injections) and I had virtually no side effects. I tried talking the Dermatologist into using the left over Botox® on my laugh lines and worry wrinkles but she didn't see the humor in this request. Anyway, it takes about 10 days for the Botox® to take effect and lasts 6-9 months. I am so excited to finally be able to wear a nice fitting top without this lovely side effect:


Now all I need is a little lipodissolve, laser treatment, electrolysis and a good box of Nice n' Easy hair color and I will be one of those flawless, minty fresh, Cosmo cover girls! ;)

1 comments:

Amy said...

We love you just the way you are sweetie! I only made it through one class today before my face was so shiny with oil that the other students could have used my face as a mirror!